1 Peter 4:10 “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others.”
We are called to be the church who lives and serves in a way that God breathes the gospel of grace and forgiveness into us first, then into those around us as we interact with them. GFCServes is not about lending a hand. It’s about transferring the good news of Jesus’ forgiveness through the cross and hope through His resurrection to those without it. It's not about what we can't do. It’s about what Jesus already did. It's about how we can share that good news with others through our actions and words.
GFCServes Events for 2021
1. Engage Tri-Cities - May 1st, 9-2. Lunch and drinks provided. This gospel centered ministry moves the homeless towards permanent housing through a variety of church and community resources. We will be updating an apartment for transitional housing to allow a couple to get off the street. Check out their website HERE and email Steve Stracener for more information or to sign up. (email@example.com) *Family Friendly
2. Blood Drive - May 1st, 9-1, at GFC through the Marsh Regional Blood Center. Sign up for a time at this link.
3. Prayer Walk - May 1st, 10am Downtown Kingsport. Contact Keith & Debbie Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information. Family Friendly.
4. Donations for Oil Change for Single Moms - This event is being put on by our friends at Port City Church and Kingsport Community Church. GFC is providing drinks and snacks for the moms and oil-changers. Please drop off bottled water, canned sodas and individually wrapped snacks at GFC by Thursday, May 6.
5. People who are interested in sharing the Gospel to the unreached in Central Asia - July 13-17. This conference is near Louisville, KY and needs 12 people to do a Vacation Bible School for missionary kids whose families are attending the conference. We will pay for your hotel and food! For more information or to sign up contact Tim & Melissa Pitts at email@example.com. The conference website can be found at this link.
6. FunFest - July 16-24. Besides hosting our annual community wide worship gathering on Sunday, July 18, there are a variety of ways you can serve in the community during FunFest with your friends, family or Life Groups.
7. El Salvador Mission Trip - Gordon & Varinka Williams, along with Global Health Outreach, are planning a medical mission trip to El Salvador July 31- August 8. This is a great trip for families and students. Anyone interested in serving please contact Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 865.385.3790. You can find details on the trip HERE. The mission team will sponsor a portion of your cost.
8. Model Love - We are part of the Kingsport Church Mobilization Network. On October 9, 2021, churches from across Kingsport will send their people out to a variety of ministry needs across the city from 9am-12pm. Sign-ups must be done online. You can see the opportunities available at the link below. Some projects can even be done at home! We look forward to coming together as one church to be salt and light to the Kingsport community. https://churchmobilizationnetwork.org/ml2021/