In the midst of all the unknowns and cancellations due to current events, it’s important to remember this challenge: Where fear sees a crisis, faith sees an opportunity. We are still called to be the church who lives and serves in a way that God breathes the gospel of grace and forgiveness into us first, then into those around us as we interact with them. GFCServes is not about lending a hand. It’s about transferring the good news of Jesus’ forgiveness through the cross and hope through His resurrection to those without it.
It's not about what we can't do. It’s about what Jesus already did. It's about how we can share that good news with others through our actions and words. Here’s how we plan to do it:
GFCServes Events for Fall 2020
1. Engage Tri-Cities – September 26th // 9AM - ? This gospel centered ministry moves the homeless towards permanent housing through a variety of church and community resources. We will be updating an apartment for transitional housing to allow a couple to get off the street. Check out their website HERE and email Steve Stracener for more information or to sign up. (firstname.lastname@example.org) *Family Friendly
2. Prayer/Worship Friday Night – On Friday, October 9th at 7pm at GFC, we invite everyone to a night of prayer and worship for the entire family. Please feel free to invite your friends, family and neighbors to an event the entire community can enjoy. We will spread out in the front parking area for this outdoor (weather permitting) event and spend time in worship and prayer for our families, community and nation. Bring your own lawn chairs for comfortable seating.
3. The Gospel Bike-a-thon - On Saturday, October 3, a children’s 25 lap bike-a-thon will be held at GFC. At the same time, a middle school student (suggested) - adult 25 mile ride will happen along the Greenbelt. This event is to help raise money for voice recorders and bicycles that will be used to share the gospel in Namibia with our missionary partners, Jeremy & Claudia Hazel.
4. Operation Christmas Child - There’s a place to serve for everyone. You can...
- Pray. Shoeboxes can be prayed for by picking up a prayer card at GFC or by downloading it HERE.
- Pack. Shoeboxes can be picked up at GFC October 25-November 9 to be packed.
- Give. Donations to OCC for shipping can be made at this link.
- Collect. Shoeboxes will be collected from surrounding churches the week of November 16-23. Please contact Jamie Grove (email@example.com) to help with Collection Week at the church.
5. Serve Your Soul
We find ourselves in a new normal and are launching into a new season with the Lord, our family, our work and our ministry. So we must go back to the Lord regularly and check the status of our souls. The devotions below are geared towards helping you to be spiritually healthy throughout the year. Click on them whenever you need a soul check up!
We have nine weeks of devotionals that you can access any time of the year. CLICK HERE to get started!