1 Peter 4:10 “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others.”
This year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of Grace Fellowship. As part of the celebration, we want to impact the community that the Lord has called us to: 20 projects for our 20 years of ministry. Some of these events will involve the entire church, some our youth group, some our Life Groups, but all to impact our area and help it thrive. Here's a list of what's planned so far.
#20 for 20 Events for 2023
1. Lynn Garden Clean Up - Keep Kingsport Beautiful - April 29, 10am-12pm. Clean up volunteers will be asked to meet at the Lynn View Community Center at 10am. Trash bags, latex gloves and safety vests will be provided. Please register in advance on our app or in the hallway.
2. Hope House Service Project - The Ladies of Grace will be going to Hope House in Kingsport on Saturday, May 20 to serve a few different ways. Hope House is a local Crisis Pregnancy Center, residential facility and family life center. We will meet at the church at 9am to carpool. We will spend the morning serving in a few different ways. We will be sorting children's summer clothes, doing light yard work and doing deep cleaning. You can register to help by signing up on the calendar app or contacting Cindy Stremel.
3. FunFest Lynn Garden Block Party - As part of FunFest, on Wednesday, July 12 from 6-8pm we will be serving the Lynn Garden community by helping to put on an official FunFest block party. We will have inflatables, a dunk tank, music and food. We will need Entrance Volunteers, Food Prep and Serving Volunteers and Games/Inflatables Volunteers. Sign up in the Gathering Area on the wall.
4. FunFest Concerts Set Up - On Wednesday, July 19 at 6:30pm, we will set up the concert performers area. We need Set Up Volunteers. Sign up in the Gathering Area on the wall. On Thursday, July 20 from 9-11am, we will set up VIP chairs for the concerts. We need VIP Chairs Volunteers. Sign up in the Gathering Area on the wall.
5. FunFest Christian Concert - FunFest Christian Concert - Thursday, July 20, 5pm-10pm. We are sponsoring the Christian concert for 2023! We are hosting a prayer tent and passing out fans at 2 entrances. We need Volunteers to Pass Out Fans and Prayer Tent Volunteers. Sign up in the Gathering Area on the wall.
6. Neighbor in Need - Saturday, September 16 at 9am we will be helping an elderly neighbor who's wife has Alzheimers. We will be doing various kinds of yard work. Bring gloves and yard tools. Details will be on our Facebook page.
7. First Responders - September. One of our women's life groups will be blessing our first responders with baskets of goodies, fruit and encoruaging cards to 12 different stations. They will also be taking prayer requests and praying for them this fall.
8. Model Love - Saturday, October 14, 2023 from 9am-12pm. This is a multi-church event meant to serve the community of Kingsport. Service teams will be made up of a blend of people from various churches to serve as a unified expression of Christ's love. We will be serving at Kennedy Elementary, Robinson Middle School, Engage Tri-Cities and Hope House. Sign up here.
9. Youth Project - Saturday, October 21 our youth will be doing a project for the kids in the Lynn Garden community.
10. Trunk or Treat - Sunday, October 29 from 5-7pm at Sullivan Elementary track. Decorate your cars and pack your car trunks full candy as we bless the Sullivan Gardens area. Sign up your trunk in the hallway.
11. Elderly Shut In - November 8th, the Hastain Life Group will be helping an elderly woman in Church Hill on a Meals on Wheels route who recently suffered a stroke and is unable to do yard work or heavy cleaning. They will be cutting back tree limbs, mowing, edging, pruning, and minor fence repairs. The inside will require some effort to make it more livable for her.
12. Backpacks for the Homeless - November. One of our ladies life groups plans to fill a backpack of essentials that will be given to 20 homeless men or women in the Kingsport area. Within the backpack, we will include at least a toothpaste and brush, gloves, hat, deodorant, warm socks, bible, encouragement cards and a gift card to Dollar Tree.